[mythtv-users] FC5

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 16:45:23 UTC 2006

On 4/2/06, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 04:13:48PM -0800, Dawning Sky wrote:
> > On 3/31/06, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> > >

> > Just did the upgrade.  It went quite smoothly I'll have to
> say.  Struggled a
> > little bit to get the nVidia driver compiled and loaded.
>
> Why did you need to recompile the nvidia driver?

Oh.  I probably didn't *need* to.  But I've always compiled my nvidia
driver.  Maybe I should start using rpm packages instead.  I used to compile
my own lirc and alsa.  But this time I just installed the rpms from your
site and my weird hardwares (the new MCE remote and the Dell version of the
sound blaster live) are supported out of the box.  I still compiled the ivtv
driver myself though, because it's changing in a quite fast pace.

--
> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

DS