[mythtv-users] schedule recording what is a "timeslot"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 2 17:56:45 UTC 2006

On 04/02/2006 05:06 AM, Niels Dybdahl wrote:
> On 4/2/06, Paul Wilson <paul at wilsononline.id.au> wrote:
>
>>  When I set "Record this program in this timeslot every week." what does
>> this exactly mean?
>>  is it a fixed time frame or does it allow some "slip" . if a program moves
>> 30 mins or so with this setting pick this up?
>>
> According to my experience, it means an exact time frame (identical
> start and end time).

Your experience is right.  :)

> So if the schedule is changed just 5 minutes, the show will not be recorded.

Or, if you set up the schedule on a show that airs until 9:00 and
another week the show does a special "extended airing" ending at 9:01
(i.e. when the network plays games with schedule to mess up TiVo's), it
won't be recorded.

Therefore, Timeslot recordings are not meant to be used for
general-purpose recording.  Instead, you should use either Channel
(Anytime on this channel) or All (Anytime on any channel) rules.
Timeslot is meant for shows that repeat often but that have a relatively
small number of new episodes and that do not provide sufficient
subtitle/description information for duplicate matching to work (i.e.
The Daily Show, etc.).

Mike