[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: DVB in USA?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 19:18:27 UTC 2006

On 4/2/06, Kichigai Mentat <kichigai at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello. I've been looking around the mailing list, and on the
> internet, and I'm wondering, what's the story with DVB in the United
> States? According to a map I found on the Wikipedia, DVB-T is
> supported in the US, but I can't find anything else to back that up.
> Finding a US version of a DVB tuner is rather interesting (though I
> don't suppose they would be regionalized). However, I have heard a
> few US residents on the list mention that they had experience with
> DVB (don't know if it was while they were outside the US, or what).
>
> Does anyone know what the story with this is?
>
> Thanks for all the help.

well, our OTA HDTV is captured using devices that use the DVB driver
system. Also Dish Network and Bell (Echostar companies in the US and
Canada) use DVB-S, as well as there are a few other FTA DVB-S
satelites receivable here. I don't know of any DVB-T stations in the
U.S. personally, but I've never really looked. I don't believe there
are any DVB-C sources in the U.S. though.

--
Steve