[mythtv-users] How to get X11VNC to run at reboot??

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 11:57:14 UTC 2006

On 4/3/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Correct me if I'm wrong VNC will not allow you to log into an existing
> > session, correct? I know X11VNC does.
>
> I know what you're saying but it seems to work for me - somehow. I
> just start up a VNC viewer client on my Windows PC and see the
> mythfrontend menu etc. I presume that's what you want to do too.

Yeah, this vnc server is started when the OS is loaded and hosts what
you see on display 0 (if you pardon the non-techy speak).  It doesn't
have the processing overhead you used to get with X11VNC either.

Side Note: Ubuntu has a similar thing built in that they call Remote
Desktop (sound familiar??), however, a user must be logged in for the
session to be running :(

Whytey