[mythtv-users] deleted recording via filesystem - how to re-sync database?

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 15:44:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 11:17:21AM -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> First, lets solve the initial problem... Is your recording drive
> and SQL database on the same partition? This has been a common
> source of this problem...  If so you will need to tell Myth to
> make sure there is at least 1GB of free space on the recording
> drive.

Ah, never even thought of that.  Indeed, the MySQL database and
recording space are on separate partitions.

> Or drop $100 on a 250GB recording drive =)

I might do that, but considering what I have invested in my
terrabyte server, I think I owe it to myself to try to get NFS to
work first!

> you will need to "touch" files for Myth to act on. "touch
> filename" will create a 0byte file so that MythTV can then delete
> the file and db entry. you can see what file Myth is looking for
> from the log.

Sounds good.  Is there a quicker way to ascertain what files myth is
looking for, i.e. a table+column in the database that I can query
for a list of files to touch?

In hindsite, I should have used something like

    cp /dev/null file.nuv

to "delete" the files.

> with the proper NFS mounting settings and a fast enough network it
> should be no problem.  Search the list archives or the wiki and
> you should find all you need on this topic.

Sounds good!

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply!
Matt