[mythtv-users] channels are off by one

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 00:36:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

I *almost* have everything set up now, except that the channels seem
to be off by one. The mythtv docs mention this saying:

This is actually due to the tuner on the video capture device being
mis-detected. You must manually specify the tuner type in your
/etc/modules.conf. See the video4linux mailing list (
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/video4linux-list) for more
information.

The video4linux mailing list requires one to sign up (arggg). After I
did that, there was no way to search articles to find this information
about "capture cards being mis-detected". (arrggg). I went though
month by month.... scanning through endless emails and couldn't see
anything applicable. (Why can't the mythtv docs people just copy the
relevant information rather than leading me on a wild goose chase?)

I am using Ubuntu (6.04) which doesn't have a /etc/modules.conf.
Following setup directions on the net I have entries in
/etc/modprobe.d/aliases and /etc/modules/ivtv. I guess I have made an
error in configuring something here but I don't know what. I am hoping
that someone on this list can tell me what looks wrong in these files
and how to fix it.

/etc/modprobe.d/aliases

## ---- used for ivtv ----------
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

/etc/modutils/ivtv

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 ivtv_std=2
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

Note- the Ubuntu Howto wiki for mythtv says that "Update:: this
{/etc/modules/ivtv} is not needed anymore because hotplug will detect
the hardware at boottime and load the ivtv module. " I am not sure if
it is OK to delete this file or not.

mythtv 0.19
Ubuntu 6.04 (dapper drake)
Hauppauge PVR-150