[mythtv-users] TwinHan IR remote and receiver problem

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Wed Apr 5 14:18:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 06:34 pm, James Neave wrote:
> I've just installed mythtv for the first time, for which I bought a
> cheap TwinHan DVB-T card.

Cheap, I paid $355.66 in July 2003 for mine.  Very bad chips set when paired
with a bad chip set mainboard (VIA).

> My first problem is that an IR remote and receiver came with my card and
> it's a HID keyboard device.
> I downloaded lirc 0.8.0 and configured it up for /dev/input.
> Then I compiled and installed it.
> I scrounged an init.d script for Debian/Ubuntu and eventually figured
> out that I needed to reconfigure it to point at /dev/input/event1
> Then I used irremote to create a lircd.conf file for it and irw is now
> reporting my remote presses correctly.
>
> It's still sending keys to the buffer though, is that going to
> ultimately conflict with lirc?
>
> I put the mythtv lircrc.example file into my home folder as .lircrc and
> /.mythtv/.lircrc.
>
> But nothing happens in mythfrontend and I've run out of docs to stare
> at, apart from the fact I appear to be missing irxevent?
>
> Do I need that?

irxevent generates more keystrokes, you can do it either way.

I've written a binary patch which changes the keymaping for usb keyboards so
the TwinHan VisionPlus DVB-T card remote better matches MythTV.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=7787;list=mythtv

But I'm interested if you can get this to work.

Paul

> privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email
> by anyone else is unauthorised.

Am I authorised to get this email?

> distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it
> is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Will I go to jail?

> The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software viruses
> that could damage your own computer systems.  Whilst The Spur Group of
> Companies has taken every precaution to minimise the risk, we cannot accept
> liability for any damage that you sustain as a result of software viruses.

Should I use a condom?

This message should only be read with the right eye closed and the door to the
room shut.  If this direction is not followed a big spooky monster with grab
you from under the desk.