[mythtv-users] TiVo's Future May Hinge on Patent Case

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 6 00:03:24 UTC 2006

On 04/05/2006 02:36 PM, Wylie Swanson wrote:

>Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20060404/tc_zd/175015
>
>Terence Clark, national co-chair of the intellectual property practice
>at Greenberg Traurig in Los Angeles, agrees.
>
>"TiVo put a lot of time and effort into DVRs. You'd like to see those
>kinds of companies succeed," he said. "And the industry succeeds when
>the system works. A TiVo win would be an example of the system
>working."

Hmmm.  So that means that the system (which system are we talking about
here, anyway?  Free market?  Capitalism? Somthing else?) works when TiVo
is able to force my satellite/TV company to stop providing a DVR for
$6/mo and force me to do without or pay $13/mo for a TiVo?  Guess that
means the system falls into the "something else" category...

Mike