[mythtv-users] Possible to use Dell Remote Control with lirc or otherwise?

Randy Robertson rmrobert at usc.edu
Thu Apr 6 09:59:02 UTC 2006

Thanks, In my haste, I asked about this before trying it, I was just
waiting for my message to appear, so I could update the status. I
plugged it in, and it worked immediately for number keys, arrows, *,#,
and Home,enter,clear(esc)

The ff/rw type buttons,
back,help,volume,channel,mute,pictures,music,dvd, and video buttons
don't seem to send a keycode that gets recognized by "ctrl-v" "push
button" in a shell. I remember a program that would print key codes in
linux, but I forget what it is called.

The fact that is recognized as a USB keyboard makes configuration nil,
which is great, but I don't like having to have mythfrontend remain in
focus to receive the keypresses, as I use a twinhead setup, and
usually my mouse focus is on my desktop.  I'll research and see if I
can somehow configure key presses from this keyboard to be directed to
mythfrontend without having to give mythfrontend mouse focus.