[mythtv-users] Problem with lirc

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Apr 6 15:09:14 UTC 2006

James Oltman wrote:
> OK.  I performed those commands.  I can now create and edit the lircrc
> in /home/mythtv/.mythtv.  I also noticed that there was a difference in
> the /etc/lircd.conf and the lircrc.  One button was labeled Rewind and
> the other labeled Reverse.  I have made them both rewind.  Let's see if
> that does it...Nope.  Myth still isn't taking it's commands from the
> remote.  I am pretty much stuck.  Any thoughts?  I am going to give the
> contents of my files:

Try starting with irw and irrecord. Irrecord may or may not report a key
name (that may depend on whether an lircd.conf file already exists).

The *Names* of the keys in lircrc have to match the names in lird.conf
exactly. And lircd.conf comes first. Think of the process as a series of
matching case statements:

0x78ebf from hardware == VolUp in lircd.conf == VolUp in lircrc == F11
in program mythtv..-> out to mythtv..

Geoff