[mythtv-users] Odds of Linux CableCARD support?

Mike Angstadt daenris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 16:18:59 UTC 2006

> What am I missing here? Isn't this a fairly significant development?
> CableCard/Linux machine available at CompUSA?
>
> A Linux Alternative To Windows Media Center PCs
> <http://www.linuxpipeline.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=184428858>
> http://www.linuxpipeline.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=184428858
>
> MediaReady 5000 <http://www.vwbinc.com/products.html>
> http://www.vwbinc.com/productspro.html

Yeah, it seems like a major development.  The only question I have is, what
makes you think it's available at CompUSA?  I couldn't seem to find any
mention of that in the article or with the company.  Though I suppose that's
not a huge issue as it's offered for sale from their website.

So who wants to dish out the $700 and try to install MythTV on it? :)

-Mike