[mythtv-users] status indicator for gnome panel?

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Fri Apr 7 03:21:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 10:40:56PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> You can't really do that with a SQL script - the scheduler query is, uh,
> complicated, and depends on more information than the database itself has.
> =)  So, the information is only available in the master backend.

Isaac is very correct.  I have a potential TODO item which could put
the upcoming schedule in the database, but even then, it could be racy
for anyone except the scheduler to access it.

> Parsing http://masterbackendip:6544/xml should be fairly easy, though, and has
> the information you want.

Alternatively, you could write an apllication that speaks Myth
protocol and uses the QUERY_GETALLPENDING command.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net