[mythtv-users] Transcode

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Apr 7 03:33:47 UTC 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 8:58 PM, Andrew wrote:

> I have a show set to default record, comm flag on the fly, and then
> transcode to low quality.  Everything runs normal
> right up until the transcode.  It just never gets the job done.  If
> I manually start the trans code through the jobs
> menu, it works.  What gives?  When I schedule the show I tell it to
> transcode the new recording and it just never
> finishes job.  In the backend the commflag and transcode checks are
> checked.

Just a thought:

If you are allowing two or more concurrent jobs then the commflag
might start and then the transcode. There might be some problem with
having both of these running at the same on the same file.

I don't know for sure if this would be a problem, like I said it's
just a thought.

You might try allowing only one job at a time and see if the problem
goes away.