[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase --refresh-all, not working completely -- backend overriding new guide info.

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 06:24:51 UTC 2006

Hello,

  I've recently upgraded to SVN version 9584, just before the daylight
savings time adjustment.  After the daylight savings time adjustment some of
my recordings are off by an hour.  Specifically, "Southpark" and "Fear
Factor" which come on at 11:30pm and 12:00am, respectively.

  The last couple of days they have been reported as 10:30pm and 11:00pm in
the program guide.  I caught this around 4-6pm yesterday when I was looking
for weird problems like this one.  I found that I could run
"mythfilldatabase --refresh-all"... I did that and it refreshed the data.  I
checked it out and it was 11:30pm and 12am, correct!  I let the machine do
it's thing and in the morning it had RE-adjusted both programs to be at
10:30pm and 11pm again, and messed up the recording timing!  What the heck
is that?  I have the mythfilldatabase programmed to run around 7am by the
frontend, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't that it got different data again.

  I thought I was loosing my mind, then tonight it happened again!  I saw
that the program guide was messed up, I ran --refresh-all, checked the guide
and it looked correct, then sometime later before the programs began to
record, it shifted back.  I took the precaution of restarting the backend
after running mythfilldatabase, not sure if it did anything.  I know that
tomorrow shows the same issue 10:30 and 11pm, so I can try some things if
anyone has ideas.  Does anyone know anything about this issue?

Thanks,
-Greg