[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.
adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 18:53:36 UTC 2006
On 4/7/06, Greg Grotsky <spikeygg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying it now...
for those interested...
1.0-8756 for Linux x86-64 released
1.0-8756 for Linux x86 released
Operating System: Linux AMD64/EM64T
Release Date: April 7, 2006
* Adds support for GeForce 7300, GeForce 7400 Go, GeForce 7600 and
GeForce 7900 GPUs.
* Added support for running OpenGL applications while the
Composite X extension is enabled; see "The X Composite Extension"
appendix for details.
* Enabled hardware acceleration of the Render X extension by default.
* Added "AddARGBGLXVisuals" X configuration option, so that OpenGL
applications can render to X Windows' alpha channel.
* Added Linux/i2c support to the NVIDIA kernel module; see the
"i2c Bus Support" appendix for details.
* Improved power management support with Linux >= 2.6.14 and added
support for suspend-to-disk.
* Added new "nvidia-auto-select" mode entry for use in the X
configuration file; see description in the "Programming Modes"
* Added support for GLX 1.4.
* Added ability for OpenGL applications to span greater than 4096
pixels when in Xinerama.
* Improved G-Sync support.
* Fixed interlaced modes on CRTs.
* Improved compatibility with the latest Linux 2.6 kernels.
More information about the mythtv-users