[mythtv-users] Black and White recording, but only on 2 channels

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 12:53:16 UTC 2006

On 4/8/06, pfine at comcast.net <pfine at comcast.net> wrote:
> 2) I get no icons to display while watching LiveTV.  I assume that when I am watching 1 station and using the channel up/down keys to see what is on the other stations, I should see some indication of the channel.  I see the show information and a box to the left of the info with the word "channel" at the top, but no channel number or icon or callsign.  I downloaded the iconmap.xml and ran :
>
>      % mythfilldatabase --import-icon-map iconmap.xml --update-icon-map
>
> but that did not seem to help.

Have a look in your database in the 'channels' table and check the
icon field for the channels. They may be pointing at the wrong place,
in which case find where those files are and fix this disagreement at
one end or the other. If they say 'none' then at the worst you can
find the correct icons, put them somewhere (like in ~/.mythtv) and
fill in the correct values in the database. If you aren't comfortable
editing the databse on the command line I suggest phpmyadmin. Even if
this isn't required at this precise moment it is worth knowing your
way around the database in order to fix some of the more obscure
problems that sometimes crop up.