[mythtv-users] Sound issue - Onboard card as 2nd soundcard

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 13:50:26 UTC 2006

On 4/8/06, Yalusa Jongihlati <yjongihlati at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried to mute the CD from Kmix but then I hear no sound from any of
> the programs. The sound is in sync with the video when I use TVTime but is
> ahead of the video in MythTV. I have tried to follow the instructions about
> setting up the sound manually in the documentation but I don't know how to
> point the amixer command to the second soundcard.
>
> How do I get the sound in sync in MythTV?

amixer -c <card n>?
alsamixer -c n?

Try muting your CD input and using it as the recording input. You need
the sound to get recorded with the video so when Myth plays it back it
is playing the sound from the recording not the sound from the TV card
which is at a completely different time in the AV stream.

Robin