[mythtv-users] XmlTV

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 16:32:11 UTC 2006

--- Chris Hembrow <chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> my xmltv gets it's feed from the radiotimes site.
> Unfortunately, when
> Sky add a plus-1 hour-late repeat channel, the
> radiotimes don't always
> add them to their feed. This happened a while ago
> with Paramount
> Comedy, and a not long ago with the Sci-Fi channel.
>
> Is there anyway to make xmltv pick up a regular
> channel, but change the times?
>
> thanks

If you're saying that the channel data is correct, but
all shows are offset by a certain time (i.e. one
hour), then there might be some hope.

Committed about two weeks ago to SVN was a patch that
I did for DataDirect sources that fixes this issue.
The listings for my cable provider on some channels
are three hours off, but are fine on half of the
channels.

Unfortunately, I could only do this for DataDirect
listings because I couldn't get any XMLTV grabbers
working for testing data.  However, if you are willing
to assist me (in a mostly non-coding manner, unless
you want to code), then I might be able to finish it
for XMLTV sources as well (the code path is
different).

Note that the fix won't take data, clone it, modify
the times and put it in the database, it just modifies
existing times downloaded.  That means that the
channel/data must already exist.  (The Trac entry for
reference is 713.)

-- Joe