[mythtv-users] how to verify lirc native mode

Scott Petler scottp at sonic.net
Sat Apr 8 23:06:02 UTC 2006

I'm having some difficulty getting mythfrontend to respond to my remote
using
lirc.
debian 2.6.15.6 i686
mythtv-0.19
lirc 0.8.0

I start up lircd and monitor the log file and can use irw and get the
following
messages in my lirc.log file:

/usr/local/sbin/lircd -n -L /tmp/lirc.log
lircd: lircd(mceusb2) ready
lircd: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
lircd: removed client
lircd: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
lircd: removed client
lircd: caught signal

Here is the output from irw for a few button pushes on my remote:

> irw

0000000000000001 00 Select myremote
0000000000000018 00 One myremote
0000000000000019 00 Two myremote
000000000000001a 00 Three myremote

When I start mythfrontend and make sure it has keyboard focus (I can
scroll up and down on the menu items from the keyboard), I press
buttons on the remote and nada.

Shouldn't and "accepted new client" message appear on the lirc log file when
mythfrontend is started?  Or is it when a button is pressed?

I "thought" I had compiled mythtv with the use lirc configuration option,
./configure gives
.
.
# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support      yes
Video4Linux sup. yes
.
.

It seems like myth is not "really" using lirc natively, is there a way
to check this?
I've tried running myth using -D all and there is no indication that the
remote
is being detected.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,