[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Sun Apr 9 14:58:18 UTC 2006

On Saturday 08 April 2006 6:23 pm, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 4/7/06, Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:
> > Greg Grotsky wrote:
> > > I'm trying it now...
> >
> > I am already using it.
> >
> > The most important bit for me is the
> >         Option "ModeValidation" "NoMaxPClkCheck"
> > which allows me to use my old [GeForce FX 5600XT] in wide
> > 1920x1200 at 60 mode. It has a 140MHz limit in the driver which
> > I can now override.
> >
> > Also, it does build on 2.6.16 without patching which I needed
> > for the new RAID features.
>

> Noticing a "fix" for interlaced modes, something I couldn't get
> working previously, I gave this version a shot. Lo and behold! I am
> now viewing MythTV in 1080i without flicker!

8756 also fixes the NvAGP issues with 6200 AGP cards and XvMC,
at least for me and my card. I can now use my 6200 with:
    Options "NvAGP" "3" # this is the default

# cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status
Driver:          AGPGART
AGP Rate:        8x
Fast Writes:     Disabled
SBA:             Enabled

XvMC and GLX work fine with the above config.

Here's the complaint thread to see what I'm talking about:

Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net