[mythtv-users] scheduling not using all three tuners?

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 10 03:12:45 UTC 2006

>On 04/09/2006 08:12 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>> Perhaps related: last week after first adding start and end-padding to
>> my scheduled recordings, one show that should have recorded wasn't
>> (I found out later).
>
>The recording-rule-specified start-early and end-late settings are hard
>requirements imposed upon the scheduler.  The global pre-/post-roll
>settings are soft padding (primarily meant for giving your hard
>drive/capture cards time to spin up or for your STB's OSD to disappear
>before the recording) that's ignored for back-to-back recordings.
>
>> Sounds like the scheduler needs some work.
>
>Sounds like you and Steve both used the wrong settings.  Whereas he
>wanted the hard requirements of start early and end late, you wanted the
>soft requirements of pre-/post-roll.

Actually, I did use the "soft" one. I shouldn't have said "to my scheduled
recordings". I used the global setting in the "general (advanced)" settings.
The description for these says they're ignored if two shows are scheduled
without enough time inbetween.
Of course, I have no idea if this was the cause of the show not being
recorded. All I know is that the day before it showed up as "scheduled",
but the day after it turned out it hadn't been recorded.