[mythtv-users] OT: FC4 without swap, MythTV worked fine, oops!

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 04:25:00 UTC 2006

I just noticed my fstab's swap line was all junked up (not sure how it
happened), but it's been that way since my box was reinstalled as FC4
about 3 months ago, I was just too lazy to inspect the dmesg error
until now.

This is may be more of a testament to Linux than MythTV, but it's been
running just fine without swap on all this time. 512MB ram, 2.8Ghz...
not too shabby. I wonder if the lack of swap is why it's been a bit
slow scrolling through all my Dish network channels, hehe. Bet MySQL
was a little starved, but none the less pretty impressive everything
was chugging along just fine.

-Kenneth