[mythtv-users] MythVideo/xine problems

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 16:55:08 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I had xine successfully working in MythVideo, but now it stopped working.
When I try to launch a movie through MythVideo I get the xine splash screen
and the following output in the mythfrontend log:

sh: line 1: <path to avi file>: Permission denied

I am using the command "xine -pfhq --no-splash %s" in the set up section.
If I use that same command from the command line, everything works as
expected.  (i.e. xine launches with the arguments and play the video)  I've
tried numerous videos and all have the same result.  I haven't made any
updates to the system since it was working and I know that the working setup
had survived a few reboots.  I am using a PVR-350 for TV out, but since I
can see the xine splash screen, it doesn't look like that figures into the
equation and since I get the same behavior when launching mythfront from the
command line on my desktop.  I was hoping that someone had run into this
problems before, or could give me some pointers to troubleshoot it further.
Also, how does mythvideo handle external video players?  It looks like from
the error, that xine is launched through mythvideo via some sort of shell
script... is that correct?  Any input it appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave