[mythtv-users] Confused.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Apr 10 17:05:52 UTC 2006

Im a bit confused about whats going on behind my back in MythTV.

A week/10days ago, I got MythTV working for the first time.
I could Watch TV, I could record, I could watch the previously recorded
programs.
Everything seemed just fine.

Then I had to shutdown MythTV, I probably rebooted the machine.
When I restarted the machine, restarted mythbackend, restarted mythfrontend,
I would get to the screen with the 'Watch TV' line on it, but selecting it
would just
cause it to blink.
As far as I could tell MythTV was dead.

OK, I went away to a meeting for a week, just for grins I left mythfrontend
running.

I came back yesterday, and took a look at MythTV today.
Programs that I had requested had recorded (this was not surprising).

BUT, and this was/is a surprise, selecting 'Watch TV' now works again.
I was assuming that I was going to have to rebuild the database, but Ive done
nothing.

So, any thoughts on whats going on here?
If its hapened once, Im sure it will happen again, and I would like to know
whats
wrong/what to do, rather than just waiting a week for things to get better ...

((This is all built from the SVN repository of 10days-2weeks ago))

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com