[mythtv-users] Plextor USB PX-TV402U tuner setting

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Apr 11 00:29:02 UTC 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 6:07 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

> On 4/11/06, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>>

>> Sounds like some of the setup default setup parameters were not
>> allowing you to watch TV 'till gorecord sets them up properly, like
>> Myth expects MPEG4, NTSC etc. This one doesn't surprise me too much,
>> I think I had to do that as well.
>>
>> As for changing channels, have you checked that the tuner control
>> module got loaded (I forget the exact name but it includes "sony").
>> Also make sure you have the proper source with the proper channel map
>> etc., just like any other capture card. This does surprise me, never
>> had problems of that sort.
>>
> I'm sure it has.  Without it, even gorecord would'nt be able to
> tune, would it?

Good point !

>> The Plextors worked fine for me when I was using them (I quit because
>> I need all MPEG-2)
>>
> Are you able to view in real time, while recording?  (THat's a feature
> I need for the Microscope classroom setup I'm putting together).

I had two of them and they worked fine for Live TV and recording. I
can't recall if I ever tried to watch while recording. Of course with
0.19 it is the same thing.

Now that I think about it the system I used the Plextors on was
running 0.18. I am in the process of building a "test" system that
will use one of them, and I'll let you know how I make out. Should be
running sometime tomorrow, barring anything unforseen.