[mythtv-users] applied latest mythtv rpms and now mythbackend won't record + my display stuck at 640x480

Steven C. Liu sliu at steven-c-liu.com
Tue Apr 11 03:52:34 UTC 2006

Folks,

I recently applied a bunch of upgrades to my FC4 box via up2date,
including the latest mythtv 0.19-122 release.  I had been running an
earlier release of mythtv 0.19.  Now my display is stuck at a default
resolution of 640x480 (even though the system is configured to use my
NEC Multisync 19" monitor @ 1280x1024), and I can't record anything w/
mythtv.  mythbackend --printsched says that it should be doing stuff,
and yet I did NOT record tonight's episode of The Apprentice!  :(

Steve