[mythtv-users] How to force a transcode?

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 20:13:30 UTC 2006

Braindead wrote:

> If you play the recording and press the 'X' key (at least in the default keymappings),

Oh yes, I know that pressing X forces a transcoding, I'm familiar with
doing that to "finalise" a cutlist.

 > I believe it uses the default transcoding profile, but not sure.

It seems a little odd to have to change the default to low quality, just
to force one transcoding to that quality, I could easily forget to set
the default quality back to high again, is there no direct way to force
a one-off transcoding of to a specific quality?