[mythtv-users] Job priority within Myth's job queue

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Apr 11 20:37:14 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:

>> Instead you'd have those same combo boxes, we could have something similar to this:
>>
>>        * Commercial Flagging
>>                - Do not run
>>                - Run @ priority 1
>>                - Run @ priority 2
>>                - Run @ priority 3
>>                .
>>                .
>>                - Run @ priority 9
>>        * Transcoding
>>                - Do not run
>>                - Run @ priority 1
>>                .
>>                .
>>                - Run @ priority 9

This sounds like a good structure to me. It provides complete
flexibility to any user, as to which events take place, and when. The
only other part needed would be to have a default setting for each flag
(which would, hopefully, be the one used most). This might also usefully
apply to the User Jobs (although I've never used one).

As to flagging accuracy, there are always programs which we don't really
care too much if the cutting is wrong...and then there are those where
we want every second, so as not to miss something, so this structure works!.

I say 'Go for it'  (although I won't have to wear my fingers to the bone
coding changes!)....Oh, and I want it by tomorrow night!

Geoff