[mythtv-users] Should a Via Epia V8000 (PLE, no CLE!) be able to do livetv?

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Tue Apr 11 21:50:07 UTC 2006

Gabe Rubin schreef:
> On 4/11/06, Francesco Peeters <francesco at fampeeters.com> wrote:
>
>>As the Via EPIA V8000 doesn't have an AGP slot, and only 1 PCI slot, I
>>may be looking at getting a PVR350 instead...  :-/
>>
>>If this really doesn't work out, I'll have to see what is cheaper... A
>>new EPIA board or a 350...  :-o
>

> As has been mentioned here before, support for the output on a PVR-350
> is being dropped, so this may not be a good option.  You can get a
> 5200 PCI card, or a new board.  Either of those would likely be better
> options.

With a one PCI slot board, there's not much room to put in a 5200 *and*
a 250... Also 350 support is still present, and would be a viable
solution for the short term, and XV support for it might become a viable
alternative as well...

Anyway, my problem is that I'm on a tight budget for the time being, so
I'd really like to get the V8000 working... If that's not possible, I'll
start investigating other possibilities, and be seriously miffed while
at it!  ;-)

Thx anyway!

--
Francesco Peeters
   Via EPIA V8000 - 256M RAM - 160GB Maxtor - PVR-250