[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 11:19:42 UTC 2006

On 4/12/06, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> This new driver is not accepting any of my custom modelines, and they
> had worked under 7667.  I get the following error in my xorg.conf:
> (WW) NVIDIA(0): No valid modes for "1920x1080"; removing.

I had a similar problem updateding to the new driver.   My mode no longer
worked.   The Nvidia README suggested to launch X with:
startx -- -*logverbose* 5

That will give you the modes in your Xorg.log that are acceptapable to the
new driver.  Not sure if that will solve your problem since 1920x1080 should
be a valid mode but the logverbose option will probably give you some
troubleshooting clues in your log.