[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Apr 12 14:38:40 UTC 2006

Gabe Rubin wrote:
> This new driver is not accepting any of my custom modelines, and they
> had worked under 7667.  I get the following error in my xorg.conf:
> (WW) NVIDIA(0): No valid modes for "1920x1080"; removing.
>
> Will this new version not take custom modelines?  I saw some
> discussion of problems for others, what have you all done?

If you read the thread on nvnews about the new driver, you will find
that the old driver didn't work with invalid custom modelines either,
but it just silently fell back to one that did. Now it tells you about
it. That is the only difference, according to nVidia. Not that it helps
you much. I'd try the loggin stuff to see what is happening.

Tom