[mythtv-users] Strange sound issue

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Apr 12 16:20:00 UTC 2006

When searching for a solution for my sound problem, I've noticed that
in the dmesg output, I get a "kernel tainted" message.  I've searched
and can't come up with a solution.  I can post the exact error
when I get home if necessary.

I'm using the onboard audio (intel8x0) that appears to load
properly, but I get no sound.  When I try to run alsamixer,
I get a segmentation fault.  Where does alsamixer come from?
Is it provided by anything on atrpms?  Is there a way for me
to force reinstallation to see if that could fix it?

Thanks,
Paul