[mythtv-users] PVR-350, no vid out, and no modprobe results

Aurangzeb M. Agha ama-list at mltp.com
Thu Apr 13 00:44:04 UTC 2006

I've just got my Myth box setup in the last couple of days.  All looks
good--I can watch TV through the on-board ATI graphics out, but I can't
vid out from my PVR-350 card (this is on a Pundit-R 350, BTW).

I've looked on Google, Jarod's excellent guide, and in the list archives,
but everything seems to be focusing on getting X to work on the
PVR-350--right now, that's not a concern for me--I just want vid out to
work--I can't seem to find any postings regarding that.

The thing that's not working for me is that when I do a modprobe ivtv-fb,
I can't see any output in my /var/log/messages.  The step specifically is
illustrated on this site:

http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=TvOutHowto

:Ok, at this point you can attempt loading the ivtv-fb driver.
:Open another bash session (I do this from another computer) and do tail
:-f /var/log/messages
:Then do: modprobe ivtv-fb
:In the window where you're tailing the messages, look for a line that
:says something like this: fb1: iTVC15 TV out frame buffer device
:Mind you, it can say fb0. It doesn't matter. What matters is that this is
:the frame buffer allocated to PVR-350. Remember this number! You'll need
:it in the next section.

I followed Jarod's guide and all worked well until I was supposed to try
and start getting vid out from the PVR-350, but no luck.  I could use some
input on where to start.  Thx in advance.