[mythtv-users] backend takes 100% CPU recording DVB-T

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 11:01:49 UTC 2006

On 4/13/06, Chris Hubball <chris at hubball.org> wrote:
> Interesting... I'm using 2.6.15.2.  I actually had problems with 2.6.8,
> can't remember what, and so upgraded.

Thanks for the data-point. If it's looking like a recent driver change
has caused this (and that's looking increasingly likely) then i'll
binary search through the V4L/DVB mercurial tree to try and pin-point
the change that is causing this behaviour.

As a starting point i'll compile the version of the DVB drivers I was
using with my 2.6.8 kernel, hopefully this will 'solve' the problem.

> Martin worked out a good fix which is to recompile with EIT disabled.
> I'm running his binaries and they work well.

Unless of course you need the EIT data (like I do, my myth box has no
internet connection)!

Stephen