[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 15:09:56 UTC 2006

On 4/13/06, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
> > On 4/13/06, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:

<snip>

> >> I use XvMC, OpenGL Vsync, and 1080i. No problems so long as I leave Bob off.
> >>

> > great, I'll have to turn off "Sync to VBlank" and test. Without OpenGL
> > Vsync I have to have Bob on for 1080i content, I'll have to see which
> > works out better. (ie least CPU usage).
> >
> > Jesse, have you noticed XvMC stuttering during the OSD for HD content?
> > I've also noticed that with 720p if I pause and resume the playback
> > pauses after the OSD fades out unless I force it to dissapear, and
> > even then sometimes...
> >

> Yes, I remember the stutter with 720p for me. I think 1080i doesn't have
> the problem, but I can't
> remember. SD doesn't stutter for me at all.
>
> BTW, I don't do anything fancy like change my resolution per content
> type. Everything I play
> back is via DVI 1360x768 at 60hz using XvMC software/hardware scaling.

Sounds like the issue I'm having currently.

I had issues with 720p at 1080i, but since my TV is native 1080i I'll
try turning that off once I get the rest figured out.
(Which I wish was easier to do in the menu...).

On 4/13/06, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had stutter with the OSD in HD in v18 of atrpms when XvMC was turned
> on. When I went to v19 it went away. I have no idea why.
> I have the latest v19/atrpms and it's fine. There have been several
> threads in the past months about stuttering, but I'm sure you've seen
> them all.
> The problem is that everybody's "magical" setting is different: some
> turn on OpenGL, some turn it off. Some turn on Sync to Vblank in the
> OpenGl setting, some have it off. ... etc.  I've changed everything so
> many times, I don't remember what I did!
>
> One way that I reduced the OSD stutter was to reduce the OSD to small.
> That helped, but of course didn't get rid of the problem.

I'll have to play around and find *my* magical setting, at least I
have an idea of what to try turning on and off...
do I have to restart mythfrontend if I make changes to any of its
OpenGL settings or if with nvidia-settings options?

thanks!

--
Steve