[mythtv-users] Lirc - Still No Go

James Kaufman jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us
Sun Apr 16 13:27:35 UTC 2006

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 08:56:44PM -0400, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2006, at 8:47 PM, James Kaufman wrote:
>
> > I'm just about done building my MythTV system. It works really well.
> > As long as I use the keyboard. lirc is a non-starter. Here is what I
> > know>
> >
> > # lspci -v:
> > 00:0c.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc
> > iTVC15 MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
> >         Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
> >         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 17
> >         Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
> >         Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2
> >
> > I can start the lircd daemon, but as soon as I run irw, the daemon
> > dies with a
> > 'caught signal' error.
> >

> Try your PVR in a different PCI slot? I had an IRQ conflict that
> caused something similar, but not specifically this problem.

The above snippet shows the PVR with bus ID 0:c.0. I moved it one slot
over to 0:b.0 and get the same problem. Is there a recommendation for
the PCI slot. I originally had it as far away from the AGP slot as
possible (just cause it fit there nicely). Should I move closer to the
AGP slot?

--
Jim Kaufman
Linux Evangelist