[mythtv-users] Recordings & live TV playback longer than 1 Hour corrupting

Lewis myth at ldsit.com
Sun Apr 16 13:54:44 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I have not noted this reported by anyone else, but was hoping someone may have
a solution for the problems I've found since upgrading to 0.19 a few months
ago.
When viewing a recording or  live TV from a remote mythtv front-end for
anything past about an hour,  the playback starts to freeze and distort.
Rewinding and forwarding do nothing to get around the problem.
I'm sharing the recording directory via samba, could it be a cifs thing like
the 2Gb Windows file size limit?
When I view the file locally on the master back-end the file is dandy.
The logs offer nothing,
Anyone able offer any suggestions?

Cheers,

Lew