[mythtv-users] Sometimes starting watching takes long

Patrick Mansfield patman at aracnet.com
Sun Apr 16 19:31:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 09:58:24AM +0200, Thomas Börkel wrote:

> This is a remote frontend. It happens only every now and then and I
> can't reproduce it.
>
> Using NFS share for recordings. Backend and frontend run FC3, 2.6.10.

In the past, I had odd lag times accessing NFS files (not for myth usage
just in general), even doing a df after not having accessed NFS mounted
files for a while took some time.

This seems to have gone away recently for me (with FC4 on client and
server side).

You might want to try accessing NFS mounted files before running myth to
narrow down the problem. Try running even df or such while you have the
delay.

My NFS server is now running (with no NFS hiccups):

2.6.15-1.1833_FC4 (need to reboot for kernel-2.6.16-1.2069_FC4)
nfs-utils-1.0.7-12.FC4
system-config-nfs-1.3.19-0.fc4.2

-- Patrick Mansfield