[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Sun Apr 16 23:36:58 UTC 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 9:37 am, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:

> >> I haven't messed with this at all aside from XvmcUsesTextures false
> >> since I had a hard time getting the res I needed and all that. Once
> >> it worked, I new enough to leave it as it. I might have added
> >> ConnectedMonitor TV, as well.I don't remember. Someone also mentioned
> >> not being able to get 800x600 on their S-video out. I'm able to do it
> >> with these settings.
> >>

> > weird, I can't for the life of me get the hack to work with my 5200. I
> > wonder if something in the fixes branch disabled it? does it not work
> > over the VGA output? Maybe its not compat with HDTV resolutions?

[...]

> > What version of Xorg are you guys running? I'm still on 6.8.2,
>
> Me too. It worked for me before, but I haven't tried it lately as I'm
> running a 6200 on my
> primary machine now. I've still got my 5200 on another machine though.
> I'll give it a try
> tonight and see if it still works.

Yeah, I still get a full color OSD on the 5200 with XvMC enabled in 0.19 fixes
r9713 w/nvidia 8756. It stutters a bit when the OSD is going away, but it's
pretty unnoticeable. Playback was to a 1440x900 LCD screen via VGA connector.
I tried SDTV and 1080i and both worked.

Not sure why it doesn't work for you.

--
Jesse Guardiani