[mythtv-users] HTPC Hardware

Conrad vr conradvr at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 03:22:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am looking at building a HTPC and would like to use
MythTv instead of a MS Windows version (MCE or
MediaPortal).  I am selecting hardware and would
appreciate feedback and suggestion on my current
selection.  I am mainly concerned about Linux and
MythTv drivers/support for this hardware:

CPU: AMD Athon 3500+
MB: DFI RS482
GFX: integrated ATI X300 GPU
Chipset: ATI Xpress 200
HD: SATA WD Caviar 400GB
RAM: 1GB GeIL
DVD: Pioneer DVR-A11XLA
DVB: Fusion Dual Digital TV Tuner (Australia)
Display: HDTV LCD or HDTV Projector via DVI-HDMI or
Video Component 1080i

To use a SFF I need to use a mATX motherboard, and
would prefer to avoid one of the proprietry
motherboards from the likes of Shuttle and AOpen.

Thansk in advance and I look forward to your

Regards,
Conrad