[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Randy Robertson rmrobert at usc.edu
Tue Apr 18 04:49:32 UTC 2006

The old meaning of "ConnectedDevice" is now supplanted by
"UseDisplayDevice" in these drivers. Changing both my occurences of
the former to the later ala:

Option "UseDisplayDevice" "TV"

and Option "UseDisplayDevice "CRT"

Allowed me to get these drivers to run. Credit goes to gentoo forums
where somebody took the time to RTFM. I'm stuck in 1024x768 on my TV
with these drivers, but it doesn't really matter- mythtv still scales
normally.

I noticed "bob" deinterlacing gives a huge OSD shaking effect, but
kernel deinterlacing works well enough.  CPU usage is down as well,
due to working v-sync.