[mythtv-users] New motherboard, no PCI

Disconnect mythtv at gotontheinter.net
Tue Apr 18 13:53:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Brian Wood did have cause to say:

> I agree USB is probably your best bet, there are PCMCIA capture
> devices, but I don't know how good they might be or if Myth supports
> them.

Be careful that the PCMCIA slots are cardbus before going for a capture
card. AFAIK normal pcmcia is way too slow for any form of capture, and
embedded boards (as this seems to be) may not have a full cardbus-capable
slot.

> Firewire is another possibility if you have the right hardware from
> your cable co., and you could use a PCMCIA F/W interface if the board
> doesn't have it built-in.

Ditto for the firewire->pcmcia cards.