[mythtv-users] "-- no tables" error when scanning for channels.

James Buckley james at logicland.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 17:39:20 UTC 2006

Hello

I'm wondering if anybody can help me with a problem I have:

I live in the UK, and have a DViCO Dual DVB-T tuner (which is working fine), whenever I scan for channels (using mythtv's inbuilt scanner), I get some channels (like all the BBC channels), but not all of them. The inbuilt tuner in my TV does, so I know the "pick uppable".

Looking at the output behind the "scanning" window. I notice that when I positive channel is found (I.e. over 50% on the signal/noise bar) it outputs the error:

-- no tables

I don't know what this means, but I suspect it's got something to do with the "channel frequency table" that you can set under the "general" tab. Currently it's set to europe-west, but the information says that for aerials, one should set it to -bcast, but there isn't a europe-west-bcast.

I've tried increasing the timeout for when a valid signal's been found (from 3 seconds to 10 seconds), but I still get the error.

If I do a scan with the dvbscan program, then I get a few channels showing up (I.E. The BBC channels again) and a lot more with the random letters and numbers for the names.

One other thing, I like in a weak signal area, so signal strength is low, however my TV can watch most channels fine.

Can any one explain what the "-- no tables" error means, and can anyone tell me how to fix it.

Thanks in advance, James

P.S. Some general info
Country: UK
Transmitter: Sutton Coldfield
Signal strength: generally low-medium
Tuner: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital
Channel Frequency table setting: europe-west

Signup at www.doteasy.com