[mythtv-users] mythburn error...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 19 01:50:05 UTC 2006

On 04/18/2006 02:36 PM, Michael Sherman wrote:

>Reading CLI Switches...
>Checking Commons-Net library access...
>Stopped! An Error has occured...
>java.lang.Exception:
>commons-net library not accessible! see readme.txt [ii]
>ensure the correct location/classpath, related to the executed .jar
>
>         at net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.common.Start.main(Unknown
>Source)
>***********************************
>MythTV BurnDVD stopped due to error
>***********************************
>QSettings: error creating /.qt
>

>So it looks like there's a java issue, and a QT issue... Anyone have
>any thoughts?  If I just run projectX from the command-line, it
>doesn't get this same java error... Perhaps an issue with the apache
>user running it?  It only seems to want to work without error when
>run as root; any other user account jumps out before the "Loading AC3
>frames..." line.

Chances are both problems are due to an environment issue.  The Qt error
is definitely due to an environment problem--the user running the script
does not have the HOME env var defined, so Qt tries to create a new
$HOME/.qt directory (which resolves to /.qt), and the user doesn't (and
shouldn't) have permission to write to the root directory.  So, fix the
environment to include a HOME directory (even if it's not a "real" user
home directory, just do an "export HOME=...").

Mike