[mythtv-users] Slimserver, SoftSqueeze & MythTV

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Tue Aug 1 16:15:32 UTC 2006

Hi all

Under instruction from my lovely wife, I have installed SlimServer as a
replacement for MythMusic. These instructions were more like a threat
really, somthing like "find a better music thingo or forget about
MythTV". She has seen Freevo but I do not want to go there....

So here I am with SlimServer installed and SoftSqueeze working. Now all
I need to do is link these with Myth. I saw somewhere in the archives
that someone managed to get these two associated with Myth via an EXEC
call in the mainmenu.xml file. I was hoping some helpful soul would
assist me with some further information on how to accomplish that as I
know nothing of using EXEC calls.

Anyone out there running a similar setup? Anything I should know other
than calling it from the main menu?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Bruce