[mythtv-users] Wiki Week - an appeal

Alexander Böhm babyfly at gmx.net
Fri Aug 4 07:32:08 UTC 2006

Rich Wilson schrieb:
> On 8/3/06, Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 03 August 2006 09:14, Justin Hornsby wrote:
>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>> Like Alexander said, nice idea. I do have one concern though.
>>
>> When you read through the wiki it is often not apparent to which version
>> things are referring.
>>

> No matter how things are organized, let's make sure to do one thing:
> Every time content is created or modified, let's make sure that
> at a prominent place near the top of the page, there is a statement
> something like:
> "This page was [created|updated] on 3 August 2006 and is correct
> for version <version>" That way, if a page gets out of date, at least
> there is a warning there for people who naively try to make use of it.
>
> Rich

Like Rich said this is an easy and fast way >>"This page was
[created|updated] on 3 August 2006 and is correct for version
<version>"<< to get things Version specific in the wiki

The hole discussion about how to add stuff to the wiki, for wich
versions and so on brings us away from the idea. I also thing that we
not can lock out people from the wiki, because they running an older
version of myth and don't want to upgrade.

But Rich's oneliner at the top of every wiki page should make clear for
all readers how the information specified depends on his version.

Sorry for my bad english at all.

Alex