[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Nova-T-USB2 no EPG

Mark Schwarz sofa81 at gmx.de
Sat Aug 5 02:03:38 UTC 2006

Hi there,

i have a question in reference to the Hauppauge Nova-T-USB2 !
at first some Infos:

M/B: VIA EPIA M10000
OS: Gentoo Linux 2006 / 2.6.17-gentoo-r4

DVB: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-USB2
DeviceID 2040:9301  / Model 93004 LF Rev C1A2

As firmware I use the file 'dvb-usb-nova-t-usb2-02.fw' from
http://www.thadathil.net/dvb/fw/ !
The Kernel modules and the v4l-dvb-hg drivers point me to the same effect.
All looks good but i'm not able to scan for senders or EPG in MythTV.
If i try to scan i run only from beginning to end in

Timeout Scanning - no signal

I have successfully scan with dvbscan and now use the channel.conf for
MythTV but i'm missing the EPG.

Is that a problem from the driver/firmware or MythTV 0.19?
I had use an Terratec Cinergy before, which deliver me the EPG.

Anybody had a Card like mine successfully at work?

Please help i don't know where i can find the failure,
Mark