[mythtv-users] Rex: a new tv_grab_au script

Max Barry mythtv at maxbarry.com
Sat Aug 5 09:21:18 UTC 2006

Lachlan McIntosh wrote:
> I get the following message when using the script through
> mythfilldatabase
>
> Rex 1.2.0
> error in conf file: Global symbol "$conf" requires explicit package name
> at (eval 15) line 1, <> chunk 1.
> Global symbol "$duplicate" requires explicit package name at (eval 15)
> line 21, <> chunk 1.
>

> It seems to run fine when I run it by itself.

What's probably happening is mythfilldatabase is sending Rex a
--config-file option that's pointing it toward the old Immir config file
(which might be ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_au.conf). The simplest solution would
be to rename your rex.conf to tv_grab_au.conf.

I wonder if mythfilldatabase does this by default. If so, I should
probably make Rex also default to store its settings in tv_grab_au.conf.

Max.