[mythtv-users] Nice looking barebones system

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Aug 7 13:53:55 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 10:49:45AM -0600, Curtis Stanford wrote:
> Has anyone tried one of these systems for a mythtv frontend? Looks
> like it could do HD to me. Any opinions?
>
> http://www.lixsystems.com/lix/product_files/LX8100-939BB-A8NVN/
> Lx8100-939FS-A8NVN.htm

    There are similarly equipped Pundit systems that can be had
for less ( $99 - $170). Although I don't know how they compare
on sound. Although they are also built to be quiet.

    It would be interesting to see a wholistic noise figure
for this system rather than just the power supply. You can
find a few such detailed analsyses on the web, quite often
associated with cpu coolers.

    The antec minuet based solution I'm looking at will
cost about $300 with everything but storage. The Overture
I already have seems to do pretty well in terms of noise.
Does pretty well with 1TB of storage and with my AMD 64
3500+ going full bore at transcoding.