[mythtv-users] HD3000 Problems FC4

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Aug 14 18:07:39 UTC 2006

> On 8/13/06, *Tyler Edwards* <nugen101 at comcast.net
> <mailto:nugen101 at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     I'm trying to set up a remote backend/frontend system with a HD3000
>     card in it and running into trouble. I'm running Kernel
>      2.6.17-1.2142_1.rhfc4.cubbi_swsusp2. When I go into mythtvsetup and
>     try to configure the HD3000 there is no option for HD3000 with DVB
>     drivers, the only option is HD3000 with V4L drivers. The device that
>     it is picking is /dev/video0 and not the /dev/dvb/adatper0/dvr0. I
>     have done a modprobe cx88_dvb and it loads fine, but myth can not
>     recognize the device it creates, /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0. Myth says
>     can not probe card for inputs. I have tried changing all the
>     permissions to 777 so that all have full access, but this doesn't
>     seem to help. Is there something I'm missing in the Kernel, am I
>     using the wrong kernel? I followed Jarod's guide to set this up and
>     ran into trouble with the video drivers and the stock kernel, so I
>     had to enable "testing" on atrmps and load the kernel I'm running
>     now to get the nvidia drivers to load. Any ideas on what I should
>     try? Let me know if there is more information that you need.

You don't say what your feed source is.
If you are doing OTA or ATSC from cable you cannot use the cx8800
module. You must use the cx88_dvb module. But the kernel wants to load
the cx8800 module *first*. Then the hardware shows up at /dev/video0
instead of /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.

Add the cx8800 module to the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file and re-boot.

Geoff